Saturday, June 28, 2008

Introduction Post

Hullo.

This is the post where I'm supposed to act awkward and not quite know what to do because I'm a new blogger. So if anyone is reading this and I'm not shouting into the proverbial abyss, my darling readers might be wondering, "Why on earth is Penny (for Penny is my nickname) writing a blog instead of doing something more substantial or less time-sucking?"

The answer is that Greta Christina, whom I respect and admire (and even idolize a little) very much, exhorted writers to blog, using the argument that a 21st century writer who does not blog is like a 20th century musician who does not allow his/her music to be played on radio. As an aside, the gender pronoun thing has really gotten out of hand. We need a nice single-person gender-neutral pronoun and stop worrying about it. Until I figure it out I will use he, she, and they alternately, all meaning non-specific-single-person-gender-neutral pronoun.

Aside aside, that's why I'm here. I am a writer (poetry, prose, what-have-you) and I want publicity because writing is, after all, what I want to do with my life. Also, as Greta Christina said, blogging means a) practicing a lot and therefore becoming better through sheer perseverance and b) opening yourself up to criticism which also helps you improve. So there. I'm open to criticism and perseverance. If you see anything at all that you think needs arguing or correcting, do argue and correct it. That's what I'm here for.

If I were Japanese and in-person with you all, I would now bow and say, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." As I am not in-person, you'll just have to take my word for it that the sentiment is there. Truly.

2 comments:

creativerayting said...

:) i did not know you were an aspiring writer

Panda said...

I didn't know you had tendrils. I'll be reading, Pen, make it awesome!