Friday, July 18, 2008

Poem1: Banal Things

So much for the second order of business in my previous post. I'll be better about that starting next week. For now, a poem. The first poem of the blog, actually, so this'll set the tone, mayhap.

~*~
Banal Things

I like to write
about the most banal things.

My friend has a bottle
of Glade in her bathroom:
Lavender Meadow scent.
And every time I go, I like to
follow the instructions on the label:
shake well before using
spray toward the center of the room
And then stand under the spray
and feel each droplet
like a lavender-scented kiss.

I love split-toe socks because
I can pick up a dropped object
with the big toe, like a thumb.
Also, mine are purple,
like the physical manifestation
of a lavender-scented kiss.
~*~


My eldest sister's getting married on Saturday.

I'll see you all next week.

Best,
TLP

No comments: